Gas Logs/Gas Appliance Servicing
The HPBA also recommends the installation of a carbon monoxide detector with all gas hearth products. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas which is given off by gas burning appliances.
Barnhill Chimney Company stands behind the products we sell and install. That’s why we offer a full program of gas appliance maintenance. Schedule a gas appliance service anytime during the year and one of our guild-certified technicians will:
Inspect your appliance for functionality:
- Check for natural gas leaks in the fireplace area
- Check for carbon monoxide buildup while the appliance is running
- Make sure the pilot light (if applicable) is burning properly
- Check any remote, device, or backup batteries
- Clean the logs of dust and/or carbon deposits
- Clean all burner ports
- Clean the pilot assembly
- Test logs for proper function
Fully visually inspect the external chimney, internal flue, and firebox:
- Ensure that no vents are blocked
- Confirm structural soundness of system
- Make sure proper clearances to combustibles are maintained
Whether you have a set of vent-free or vented gas logs, or a direct vent appliance such as an insert, zero-clearance fireplace, or freestanding stove, we can help you!
Give us a call at (859) 219-8736 or drop us a line here!
Schedule your maintenance in spring or summer (March—August) for our off-season discounts!